Your Personal information
The protection of your personal information is important to us. We respect your privacy and want you to understand how we use the information that you provide to us.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and related UK data protection legislation, Neos Ventures Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to respecting and protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us.
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following types of personal information from you when you request a quote, connect with us or use our Neos services or products:
- Contact details:information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account or order. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Transaction information:records of the products and services you purchase from us such as, for example our Insurance policies and associated products and services.
- Payment information:details you provide to make payment for the products and services you purchase from us.
- Neos account details:when you download and use the Neos app, you will be asked to register with us and create an account. Your account details include your user name, password and your contact details, such as your name, address and email address.
- Delivery information:information relating to the delivery of our products to you.
- Installation and service history:records relating to the installation of our products at your home or property and information relating to the servicing of that product.
- Device information:information about the devices that you connect to our products, website or Neos app, such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, the browser you use and applications on the device that connect to our products and services. It can also include details of your internet service provider, mobile network, current IP address and location.
- How you use Neos products and services:we may collect information about how you are using Neos products and services in your home and their performance.
- How you use the Neos app and our website:when you use the Neos app or our website we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them, traffic data, location data, logs, error & crash-reporting, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Records of your discussions with our customer support teams:when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint we may keep a record of this. In line with relevant laws and regulations, we may also monitor and record our phone calls with you to make sure we are living up to the standards we set.
- Location information:we will collect information about your location when you choose to share that with us.
- Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions:we keep records of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competitions or promotions we run.
- Recruitment: Information that you provide to us when you express an interest in joining our company, either directly or via an agency.
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with our products and services for the ongoing maintenance of your account
- providing quotes for our products and services
- taking payments for our products and services
- delivery and installation of our products
- answering your questions or handling complaints
- providing monitoring services
- improving our products and services to you
- to update you on our product and service development
- investigating unauthorised use of Neos products and services
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we hold (so that it does not directly identify you), for the purposes of developing our products and services
Where we may collect your personal information from
We may collect personal information from a number of sources. These include the following:
- Directly from you
- Our website, app and Neos products and services
- Other companies we work with
Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information to any member of our group of companies, our subsidiaries or third parties connected with the provision of our products and services. For example:
- Installers and service engineers
- Delivery companies
- Other service providers and advisors
- Market research providers
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- If you give explicit permission to do so
We may provide third parties with anonymise and aggregate statistical information we hold (so that it does not directly identify you) about users of our products and services
How we process and store your personal data
In accordance with the marketing preferences you set when creating your account or that you set with us a later date, we may contact you by email, push notification, text, mail or phone, to keep you updated on products and services. You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at email@example.com or contacting the customer service team by phone or by webchat.
You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
Use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system information and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Service messages and notifications
We may send service messages directly to your smartphone or device through the Neos app.
Depending on the service you choose, you may also receive push notifications relating to the function of the Neos app, such as sensor alerts.
You may also receive service message or notifications by text message, phone or email depending on your products and service preferences
You can turn off service notifications at any time through your smartphone system settings.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions relating to Neos products and services, which are undertaken through external social media platforms, are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Access to your personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; and
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the ‘Contacting us’ section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have an account with us. After you close your account with us we will keep your personal information for a reasonable period to maintain our records and legal obligations to you.
Audio and video recordings will only be available to you, for the period specified in your service agreement.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page.
For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
How to contact us
Neos Ventures Ltd | 47 Bermondsey Street | London | SE1 3XT